Friday, December 11, 2015

Beginners Pottery Class


I recently finished taking a pottery class for beginners. This is something that I have wanted to do since junior high! It was so much fun and I think I will take again next fall. It was a small class of 6 and we met once a week at the local art center. Most nights we made three things. Sometimes we were trying for a certain thing: mug, bowl, etc. and other times we decided after the fact what it was based on what the clay wanted to do!



 Ready to clean up the bottom.
 Ready for the kiln.




 Cups!

 My only mug. It's so interesting how some of the glazes turned out. 
 The little triangle dish in front is one of my favorites and is a result of a lost pot! My pot collapsed and this was the amount of clay that was still on the wheel. Some might have scraped it off and started again, but I’m not one to waste anything and salvaged what I could and made what I think is a very cute ring dish.



 One of the yet to be determined items!

 Bowls!


 This dark blue is my favorite glaze!

 I put two small holes in the bottom of this one. I envision succulents going into some of these pots.
The inside of this one is so cool! 



No comments:

Post a Comment